January 31, 2009

Lets Go Sailing!

This card was made with my brand new stamp set from The Angel Company called Ship Collage Its a single stamp and its only $5.95! Its a great stamp for a man card. Navy Blue cardstock is perfect for a man card!

I made this one to put in my card box for an upcoming holiday for the guy in my family. I didnt add a sentiment yet.

The coloring was done with my prisma pencils and some varied palette ink colors to achieve a nautical look with blues and reds. All from The Angel Company.

I also used my yummy spellbinders to create that scallop shape. I need more spellbinder shapes.



15 comments:

Stephanie said...

what a great card, you are right, perfect for a man card.

Teresa Kline said...

adorable card...super image! *~*

Jean McKenzie said...

Just perfect for a man's card - great image!

B said...

Great masculine card!

Nancy B said...

Yes that is a Great looking manly card.

Lyn S said...

Perfect manly card!

Karen said...

Definitely a great masculine card! I always struggle with them, but you've done wonderfully!

Karen

Leigh said...

Fantastic stamp Melissa. I like the colours you've used to colour it.

specialcraftmom4 said...

Beautiful card!

Scrapping Julie said...

really love this card. so masculine. those cards can be so hard to do sometimes!

Christine Riley said...

wow, what a neat image! Great card!
Hugs, Christine :)

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

what a great card for a man - wonderful job on the coloring !!

Anonymous said...

I love how the scallop rectangles really pop out of the page. The image is cool too and perfect for a manly card. Great card!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Great masculine card. I struggle with masculine cards... maybe because my favorite color is pink! LOL!

Kathi said...

Beautiful card. I really like that image too.