February 21, 2009

High Hopes Card


This is my card for submission to the High Hopes Design Team. Its my first time doing this, so I am a bit nervous. I followed a sketch found here. I hope the pictures are good! :)



I used an old Angel Company stamp set called Dress Up, My little girl was colored in with copics. Paper is from The Angel Company and K&CO. The card is 5x5, my favorite size to work with.

I added 3 sentiments, the say bejoyful, behappy, beunique. These are all the things we can be strive to be from a little girl who plays dress up. Children are great examples of pure happiness. They represent us and how we can all strive to be unique, joyful and happy.

UPDATE: I didnt make it to the DT, but i was fun trying :)



Have a great day!


15 comments:

Jennie said...

Great job on the card! Nice dp and color combination. Good luck with the DT for High Hopes ;o))

Maria (Inky Stamper) said...

cute card! great way to put multiple sentiments.

{Sarah Coyle} said...

how buf is this card! good luck!!

Kristin said...

this is so great! love the card.

cadnileb said...

Super cute!

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute card hun!!!!! Love the colors on her, and the stamped image you used!!!

Janet said...

Melissa - this is great - you have no reason to be nervous. I adore how she is standing in the high heels - takes me back to when our little girl used to dress up. Adorable.

Ilina Crouse said...

so cute. And your coloring is just awesome. Love your new blog background too :)
TFS

Stephanie said...

very sweet card....

virginia said...

So cute what a great job

Angie Williams said...

So cute! Good luck with the DT!

RoseOhio said...

Your card is so cute! I love it! Good luck!

Rose

Michelle Walpole said...

Good luck with the DT thing!!! I think yopur card is very pretty!!!!

Scrubbysue said...

Awwww......heeheehee...this card is so cute! looks like my 2 little nieces. I LOVE your new layout!! How cute!

Lisa Graves said...

So cute!